Baked Maple Hot Wings With Blue Cheese dressing
If there is one thing I miss from North America it is hot wings , I have searched high and low in spain I even resorted to a really cheesy “all American” restaurant …… and nope not even close !
These little babies are the closest I could get to satisfy my hot wing cravings.
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sprinkle the chicken wings on all sides with cayenne pepper and seasoned salt, and spread in a single layer into a large baking dish.
- Bake wings until the skin becomes brown and crisp, approx 35 minutes, flip the wings halfway through cooking
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat combine hot sauce, maple syrup and smoke flavoring in a saucepan Stir in the onion and garlic, and bring to a boil.
- Place the wings on paper towels to drain excess grease. Return the wings to the dish and pour the sauce over the wings coating all sides evenly with sauce.
- Place wings back in oven and bake until the sauce has thickened onto the wings approx 20 minutes.
Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk (I use goat milk)
- 2 tbls mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbls freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Hot sauce (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Setting blue cheese aside
- Combine all ingredients and whisk
- Add blue cheese and stir