Breakfast Berry Bowl
This delicious breakfast berry bowl is a perfect start to the day, you will be full of energy and feeling amazing !
Berries are full of antioxidants that are amazing for your bodies health and bananas are such a good source of potassium and perfect to eat in the morning as they fill you up.
I hope you enjoy this delicious and indulgent berry bowl and feel free to change up the toppings with whatever you like; oats, granola, cranberries, cacao nibs or anything else that takes your fancy.
Why We Need Berries In Our Lives
The antioxidants in berries can help your body fight oxidative stress caused by free radicals that can lead to illness. Eating a diet rich in antioxidants can help improve your health, protect your skin and hair, and prevent certain diseases. All fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants, but nutrient-rich berries are some of the absolute best sources.
There are several powerful antioxidants that appear in berries, including anthocyanins, quercetin, and vitamin C. Anthocyanins give berries their vibrant color, reduce inflammation, and may help prevent and manage arthritis. Anthocyanins work together with quercetin to help slow age-related memory-loss. Quercetin can also decrease the inflammatory effects of chemicals in the synovial fluid of the joints for people with inflammatory conditions like rheumatoid arthritis.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1/4 cup of oat milk
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed ground
- 1/2 cup of buckwheat puffs
- 1 tablespoon of walnut pieces
- 1 fig chopped up
- 1 tablespoon of goji berries
- Place the banana, frozen berries, oat milk, water and flaxseed into a food processor and pulse until combined into a nice, creamy consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top with the buckwheat, goji berries, fig and the walnuts.
- Eat and enjoy!!!!