Whoever said you can’t have dessert for breakfast has: a. Never had an exciting moment in their dull lives b. Never tried this smoothie bowl This bowl packs a double punch: it’ll satisfy your sweet tooth and give you some much needed energy. But instead of relying on double-stuffed Oreos and Mars bars for your sugar fix, you’ll be using fruit! (queue groans and eye rolls) Trust me, give this smoothie bowl a try and I promise you will be hooked.
This smoothie bowl is one my favourites, thanks to the strawberries. I love whipping one up in the morning to get me energized and ready for the day ahead. I
f you ever wake up with that just-been-hit-by-a-bus feeling and don’t how you’ll make it out the door, then I highly recommend a mixture of green powders, ground flaxseed and pumpkin seeds to give this smoothie a super energy boost.
Once they’ve been combined with the other ingredients, you won’t even taste them. But beware: you need to ease yourself into these powders. If your body’s not use to this amount of fibre, then you’ll be calling the bathroom your second home.
I hope you enjoy this delicious bowl and that it makes you love fruit just that much more!A few great strawberry recipes …
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/4 cup of buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup of puffed buckwheat
- 1 tablespoon of goji berries
- 2 tablespoons of frozen blueberries
- Place the almond milk, strawberries and banana in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer into a bowl and top with the buckwheat groats and puffs along with some frozen blueberries and strawberries.
- Eat and enjoy!!!!!