Cabbage Soup To Heal The Soul
This cabbage soup is absolutely delicious and makes for an amazing dinner or for lunch the next day. I love whipping this up on the weekend and then enjoying leftovers throughout the week, it tastes amazing hot but just as good cold. Although it may not look the prettiest it totally makes up for that with its taste!!
Cabbage is absolutely full of wonderful health benefits, it is packed with nutrients and through eating just one cup you get nearly your entire days recommend daily need of vitamin K and half the amount of vitamin C. Along with this you get a load of fibre essential for your digestion and even some B vitamins.
I add lentils to this soup as the protein benefits are just what I need to keep me going (I get hungry every 5 min) but you can just as easily leave them out and the soup will be just as tasty.
This soup is also perfect if you are feeling sightly under the weather or have been eating badly for a few days , sip on this throughout the day and you will feel your body regaining strength !
I hope you enjoy this soup as much as i do and that it helps heal you from the inside out!!!
- 1/2 white cabbage sliced
- 1 carrot chopped
- 4 celery sticks chopped
- 1 brown onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- 1 tin of lentils drained
- 2 small sweet potatoes chopped
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup of water
- Place the onions and garlic into a large pot with the olive oil and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add in the chopped cabbage and place the lid on the pot and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable stock, along with the carrot, sweet potato, celery and the cayenne pepper (cook on simmer for 25 minutes with the lid on).
- After the 25 minutes is up add in the lentils and the cayenne pepper and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Once the 10 minutes is up leave it to cool for a little while and then serve!!!
- Eat and enjoy!!!
Recipe Credit: mia