Chai Spice Latte
I have mentioned in previous posts that i love chai tea and lattes so i thought i should share my favourite recipe for a chia spice latte!!!! This recipe has become my go to drink for the cold weather and it is such a delicious warm and soothing drink that will be sure to get you feeling your best!!!
I hope you enjoy this chai spice latte and that it helps warms you up in the cool weather!!!! xx
Some Amazing Health Benefits of Nutmeg
Helps Induce Sleep
When I was a child, my grandmother would give me a glass of milk with a pinch of powdered nutmeg in it before bed. It can also be mixed with ghee and rubbed around the temples at bedtime to enhance deep sleep and calm the mind.
Rich in Minerals
A dusting of nutmeg adds aroma and enhances the taste of your food. It also gives you trace minerals that keep the immune system strong. Potassium, calcium, iron and manganese are among key minerals found in nutmeg.
Just a little nutmeg, ground and mixed with water or honey into a paste, can make skin look clearer and brighter within a few days, reducing scars and alleviating acne. You can also add nutmeg to your face scrub for the same benefits.
For centuries, nutmeg has been used as a medicinal spice that brings relief from digestive problems. So grate a little nutmeg into your soups and stews for a boost of flavor and a healthy gut!
source on nutmeg by Care2
- 1 cup of almond milk (or any other plant based milk)
- 1 small slice of fresh ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of mixed spice (or 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and 2 cloves)
- 4 black pepper corns
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup (or another liquid sweeter of choice)
- Place all the ingredients into a small pot and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring every so often.
- After the 10 minutes pour into a mug - drink and enjoy!!!!!!