Delicious Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
Rich chocolate cupcakes that help you remember baked goods before going gluten-free.
Delicious and gluten-free. What? Have you never heard those words together before? Well, now being gluten-free does not mean you can only eat cardboard for desserts. It is time for you to take back your life.
So, having a son with gluten intolerance has been really hard. First, I tried to learn as much as I could about gluten and what it is and how to avoid it. Easy enough. Then I tried to figure out every place that gluten could be avoided and replace it with gluten free alternatives. Thankfully, since being gluten-free is the newest trend, it is really easy to find alternatives for sandwich bread and pasta. The only part left to do was try and learn how to bake with gluten-free flours.
If you have tried to use boxed gluten-free baking mixes, you know they suck. I tried to make a vanilla cake with a box mix and ended up with something resembling a brick that tasted like eraser shavings. No kid wants an eraser shaving cake for their birthday.
Finally, after many trials, I ended up reigning in the force that is gluten-free flour. It finally showed me its face and how it can be delicate and kind just like your sworn enemy all-purpose flour.
Now I am no longer afraid if my baked goods will turn out decent. I actually enjoy telling people that things are gluten-free. It is always fun to see the look on peoples faces when you reveal that what they are devouring is gluten-free. The shock and confusion sends them into a state of disbelief.
That’s when you know you have won. You have become a warrior in the gluten-free army. Together we can make that happen. Follow this recipe to start your path on reclaiming your love of baking. Don’t be afraid. We can do this and it will be kick ass.
- 1 cup King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat over to 350F and line cupcake tin with papers
- Whisk together baking mix and cocoa
- In separate bowl, beat sugar, vegetable oil, butter, and vanilla together until well combined
- Add eggs one at a time. Make sure to mix well after each addition.
- Stir in the baking mix and water alternating between the two
- Scoop 1/4 cupfuls of batter into the lined cupcake tin
- Bake 20-25 minutes
- Remove from tray and let cool completely before icing
- Make sure to use the King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix and not the gluten-free flour
Recipe Credit: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/gluten-free-chocolate-cake-or-cupcakes-made-with-baking-mix-recipe