Homemade Man Approved Spray Deodorant
If you’ve read my Amazon post, you know I’ve been on the hunt for a completely all-natural lifestyle. Yes, it has been completely insane and manic, but it has also been kind of rewarding. I feel amazing, not only about my glowing skin and hair, but also about doing my help to save the environment.
The one downside to this all-natural lifestyle has been on the deodorant front. No, it’s not what you think. I don’t smell like a dirty hippy and I haven’t gone au natural. Not yet at least.
Armpit detox has been a bitch.
Not only that, but apparently my skin has an aversion to baking soda. If you didn’t know, almost every natural deodorant on the market has baking soda in it. I didn’t know. And my poor underarms have been swollen and sore and rash filled for weeks. Oops…
I have been reduced to lathering my sad skin in cortisone cream. Basically, my natural plan backfired.
It was either go back to store bought deodorant or find an alternative. Being my stubborn self, I decided to head down the road of making my own. Fight the power, right?
Sorry, that was bad.
Seriously thought, this homemade deodorant is amazing. Can you believe I even convinced my husband to use it and it worked!? He’s all-natural now too! I don’t have to explain to you what a miracle that is.
- 4 ounce glass spray bottle
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) apple cider vinegar
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) distilled water *see note for extra strength odor protection
- 30 drops lemon or lemongrass essential oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
- Fill a 4-ounce glass bottle halfway full with apple cider vinegar.
- Add your essential oils.
- Fill it the rest of the way up with water. Shake well.
- For extra strength odor protection, use 100 proof or higher vodka instead of the distilled water. (We use the water and it works very well for us. The vodka makes it super dooper strength!)