This Almond Butter Smoothie Is Just Like A Milkshake !
This is one of the absolute best smoothies I have ever made, the nuttiness from the almond butter goes perfectly with the creaminess from the milks, almond and oat. It tastes just like an old fashioned banana milkshake. This smoothie is an amazing way to start your day off in a perfect way, or it can be whipped up in seconds to be an amazing midmorning or afternoon snack. Bananas are a great source of potassium and are a great food to eat before doing any intense exercise, as the energy in a banana will keep you going for longer. Almond butter is great to use in smoothies as it adds an extra nutty flavour and gives a totally different texture. Almond butter is full of essential healthy fats and fibres, which can help in the process of lowering cholesterol and provide loads of energy. The almond milk used in this recipe is great for getting loads of energy and providing vitamins like, zinc, sodium, potassium, magnesium, iron and a bit of calcium. The oat milk is an amazing source of calcium and is completely lactose free, it is also low in fat and free of cholesterol.
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1/2 cup of oat milk
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Chop the banana into small pieces and place into the blender with the oat and almond milk.
- Blend until all of the banana has been broken down with the milk.
- Add in the vanilla and almond butter - combine until all mixed in.
- Serve – drink and enjoy!
- This recipe requires a blender.
Recipe Credit: Mia