DIY Vegan Spiced Sausages
I have tried a lot of fake meat, and to be honest they just aren’t that satisfying and have way too many ingredients for me.
So I took it upon myself to create a vegan spiced sausage recipe that tastes amazing and has minimal ingredients.
These have minimal ingredients so they are super simple to master !
These sausages can be served with whatever takes your fancy, but I have chosen to serve them with some roasted veggies and a green salad.
As shown in the picture I had these vegan sausages with roasted veggies and a side salad of simple iceberg lettuce, apple and fennel salad topped with raisins and my famous tahini dressing .
Lots of love and thanks 🙂 xoxo
Heres a few other vegan recipes you can enjoy
Copyright 2017 Sugar Soil
- 1 block of tempeh
- 1/3 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon of tamari
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of flour (preferably gluten free, my personal favourite with this recipe is chickpea flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground chilli
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian herb mix
- 3/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Soak the tomatoes in some hot water and set aside until needed later on.
- Place the tempeh into a pot with a some water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Drain the tomatoes and place them into a food processor along with the crushed garlic, tamari, wine vinegar and 1/4 cup of water.
- Pulse until combined into a think and chunky paste.
- Into the food processor with the tomato paste add in the tempeh and pulse until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add in the chickpea flour and herbs.
- Stir the mixture together until all combined nicely.
- Roll the mixture into small sausages and place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place these into the oven to cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes is up turn the sausages over and cook on the other side for a further 10-15 minutes until crispy.