These OMG Beetroot & Prune burger patties are a great alternative to meat burger patties and tasty !
These little beauties can be whipped up in no time at all 😊
The benefits of these patties are incredible, each and every ingredient has a huge long list of benefits that they will provide to your body an amazing amount of nutrients and goodness.
Beetroot is one of the best sources of iron and folate from vegetables, making it a great food for vegetarians and vegans. It also contains nitrates, betaine, magnesium and a load of other antioxidants. Beetroot can lower blood pressure and help with energy levels and help prevent dementia.
The black beans give these patties give such an amazing taste and texture as well as providing our bodies with a load of health benefits. Black beans have a high fiber content as well as potassium, folate and a load vitamins such as B6, all of these help support our heart and keep it functioning healthily.
When using prunes in a savoury dish the flavor is changed and a sweet element is added. In these beetroot burgers the prunes bring out the flavor of all the other ingredients and allow your taste buds to have a party!
These burgers are my go to for any dinner party as well as making an amazing variety of different lunches. I love having these beetroot patties chopped in a salad, or smashed on toast or just as is inside a burger bun or plain Jane and served just by itself, that’s how good it is!!!!
- 2 beetroots peeled and grated
- 1 tin of black beans (drained)
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 red onion sliced
- Coconut oil
- Flaxseed meal
- 6 prunes chopped
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Start by sautéing the onions in a pan with a bit of coconut oil.
- Place the grated beetroots into a food processor along with the bean, lemon juice, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt and pepper, prunes and the fried onions.
- Pulse until a wet mixture forms and everything has been blended together.
- Roll in balls and place in a fry pan with some coconut oil and fry for about 2 or 3 minutes on each side or until golden and they have gone crispy.
- Serve as a replacement for meat as burger patties – eat with your favorite burger fillings and enjoy!
- This recipe requires a food processor.
- Try freezing the leftover beetroot mix and then defrosting some throughout the week for a quick and easy dinner.
Recipe Credit: Mia