Morning Bircher Muesli
I am totally in love with this recipe, it is the perfect fresh and tasty morning start !
This Bircher Muesli breakfast is a great on the go breakfast, take the jar out from the fridge and dig in its that easy.
If you have some extra time before running out the door try topping with some seasonal fruits and coconut yogurt or even some delicious nut butters.
The oats are really good at soaking up the liquid and making this bircher muesli nice and gooey , although if you gluten intolerant try using quinoa flakes as they have the same affect.
Remember to be creative with your cooking as otherwise it gets boring x
Oats are a rich source of magnesium, which is key to enzyme function and energy production, and helps prevent heart attacks and strokes by relaxing blood vessels, aiding the heart muscle, and regulating blood pressure. A body of evidence suggests that eating magnesium-rich foods reduces your risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Experimental and clinical data also suggests a link between magnesium deficiency and depression. read more on oats
Oats contain beta-glucans, a type of soluble fibre that slows down the absorption of carbohydrates into the bloodstream. This slower digestion prevents dramatic spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels that would otherwise encourage our bodies to produce and store fat. Read more on oats here
- 3 cups of oats
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 3 tablespoons of ground LSA
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 cup of almond or another plant based milk
- Place all of the ingredients into a jar and shake to combine.
- Place 1 cup of the mixture into a jar and put add in the one cup of plant based milk and stir to combine.
- Leave in the fridge over night and then in the morning top with fresh fruit and some coconut yogurt or nut butter.
- Eat and enjoy!!!
Recipe Credit: Mia