Spanish Potatoes With Spicy Tomato Sauce
These potatoes are absolutely perfect .
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cut into bite size pieces.
- 1 cups olive oil.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 2 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs paprika
- Combine potatoes, 1 cups olive oil, and 1 tsp of salt in a large cold skillet.
- Heat and cook on low until potatoes are softened about 15 min.
- Turn heat to high and fry for another 6 min until golden brown.
- remove and place in big bowl sprinkling the paprika on them and mix together gently.
- Spread the potatoes on a paper towel to absorb extra oil.
The Sauce Ingredients
- 1 (15-ounce) jar whole tomatoes (can if its all you have)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1/2 tsp hot chilly flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of sugar
- 1/2 tbs red wine vinegar
The Sauce Directions
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan adding the onion and cook until softened.
- Add the garlic, paprika, and red pepper flakes stirring while cooking for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and juice, water, salt and sugar and bring to a light simmer., stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened and reduced is reduced by about half (15 to 20 minutes)
- transfer the sauce to a blender.
- Blast until smooth
- Add the vinegar and blend again.
- Serve with sauce on the side or poured over potatoes
Facebook CommentsClick here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Sugar Soil